This article explains the steps to create the vm in the ZeroStack Cloud. The assumption here is that the Cloud is setup along with the Project and Business Units.
1. Navigate to the Project where the vm needs to be created.
2. Click on the Images tab and then click on the Create Image. This will be used as a template to provision the vm.
3. The Image can be created either from a File, URL from the webserver where the image is kept, Public Image, From existing virtual machine or from an existing volume.
4. Here a Public Image has been selected to create the vm available on the ZS Market Place.
5. After selecting the image , click on the Image Profile.
6.Select the flavor (vcpus and memory) and the disk size as per the requirement. Once selected, click on Image Access.
7. Select the access/permissions if the Image needs to be accessed across the all the projects or single project and then click on the Create New Image.
8. The create will be in creation process and will show as Saving in the UI.
9. Once the image is saved, navigate to the VM tab and click on Create VM.
10. Enter the details and select the image from which the vm needs to be created. Select the flavor and click on the Advanced Config to configure the network and disk options.
11. Configure the disk size or can be kept default as defined while creating the Image. Here the default size is being used. Click on the Network Config once the disk size is set.
12. Select the Private IP from the range created while creating the Project and associate the Floating IP (optional). Floating IP can be assigned after the vm creation as well. Here the vm has been assigned a random Floating IP from the range defined. Click on Security post this operation.
13. Select the Security Group , keypair and click next. Here the default keypair and security group are being used. Click on the config data after this.
14. Config data runs during the initial boot process and configures/customize the vm as per the user need. It uses file and text both as input. Here the config data has not been used and click on Review and Create New VM to review the details entered and can be edited as per the need.
15. Click on Create New VM to proceed.
16. Wait until the vm creation process is finished and do not refresh the page.
17. The vm will be listed in the UI once it is installed. Keypair will be used to access the vm over passwordless ssh once created . More info about accessing the vms using keypair can be found at https://zerostack.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205837548–3004-Accessing-your-virtual-machines-using-Key-Pairs.