This article explains the steps to migrate virtual machines from VMWare environment to Zerostack Cloud.
1. Navigate to the BU and Project where the vm needs to be migrated
2. Click on the Configuration tab and then navigate to External Cloud Configurations section. Click on the Create External Cloud Provider.
3. Enter the details :
a. Enter any name for reference in the Account name section.
b. Select VMWare from the drop down in External Cloud Type.
c.Enter the vCenter IP address.
d.Enter the vCenter Username.
e.Enter the vCenter Password.
f. Click on Authenticate Connection and then Create.
4. Once the connection is successful,navigate back to the VM tab in the UI. Navigate to External Cloud Provider section, virtual machines from VMWare environment will be listed here.
5. Click on the and then click migrate option.
6. Review the details and then click on Confirm Migration to initiate the Migration.
7. After the migration process is complete the vm will be listed in the UI in the VM tab.