This article explains the usage of Security Groups with the virtual machine in ZeroStack Cloud.
a. Creating the Security Groups:
1. Navigate to the appropriate Business Unit and Project and click on the Security Tab.
2. Click on Add Custom Security Group.
3.Add the Custom Rule as per the requirement. Here a TCP port 3306 is been added with the Ingress and Egress flow. Once set, click Done and then Save.
b. Attaching the Security Group to the vm:
1. Navigate to the VM Tab and click on the VM to which the Security Group needs to be attached.
2. Click on the and then click on Assign Security Group.
3. Assign the Security Group created to the vm.
4. Once assigned the Security Group can be seen under the Assigned Security Group
c. Removing the Security Group:
1. Navigate to the Assign Security Group option again and then click on the or Remove option to remove the Security Group.
d. Delete the Security Group:
1. To delete the Security Group, navigate to the Security Tab and Security Group option.
2. Click on to remove the Security Group.
3. Click Save to complete the remove process.
Note: To remove the Security Groups completely, the security groups must be removed from the virtual machines first.