Description: This article explains the steps to migrate the AWS instances to ZeroStack Cloud.
1. Navigate to the BU and project where the vm needs to be migrated.
2. Click on the Configuration and navigate to the External Cloud Provider Configurations.
3. Enter the detail prompted for:
a. Enter the account name. Any name for reference.
b. Select the “AWS” from the drop down under External Cloud Type.
c. Enter the AWS access key.
d. Enter the AWS secret key.
e. Test connection and it shall be successful and click on Create.
4. Navigate to the VM tab again and the instances from the AWS shall be listed under the External Cloud Provider Workloads.
5. Click on Migrate. Please note that the instance needs to be shutdown in order to initiate the migration process.
6. Confirm the VM settings and start the migration.
7. Once the migration is completed the vm will be listed in the GUI.
Note: The AWS access and the secret key can be retrieved from the AWS Management Console. Navigate to the Security Credentials and expand Access keys section. Create a key if not created or copy the existing one.