Configuring an LDAP Server
You can connect your ZeroStack Cloud to any LDAP directory for authentication, user and group management. An LDAP directory is a collection of data about users and groups. LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol) is an Internet protocol that web applications can use to look up information about those users and groups from the LDAP server.
You can configure your ZeroStack Cloud to connect to any LDAP directory servers including OpenLDAP and Microsoft Active Directory.
To configure your LDAP server
- Click on Settings in the left navigation panel
- Under Cloud Settings, click on AD/LDAP
- Click on Create AD/LDAP
- Enter the server settings and click on Create
You will be able to see the configured LDAP directories and use the edit functionality in the future to make any changes.
- To import users from the LDAP directory
- Navigate to Users in the left navigation panel
- Click on Import LDAP User
- Select the user from the LDAP directory and their role
- Once imported, users can be assigned to Projects
- Click on Groups to assign an entire group to a project